I fixed the impact of the last Gmail change that stopped GTDInbox loading, and it was embarrassingly trivial (just a line of code to change!). So I took the opportunity to add a new ’emergency traffic light’ feature – an amber or red bulb that can be remotely activated if there is a problem in the future. It’s really for those who otherwise would not read the blog, as a means to reassure regular users that “we know GTDInbox may be having problems, and we are working on it”, and to help them manually download a patch.
You can manually install the new release from http://gtdinbox.com/gtdinbox_2-0-5.xpi
I forget sometimes that not everyone has manually installed the XPI before – sorry!
Fortunately, it is quite straight forward. This is the really safe way of doing it:
- Download the above .xpi file to your computer
- In Firefox, click ‘Tools’ and then ‘Addons’.
- In the window that pops up, select GTDInbox and click ‘Uninstall’
- Restart Firefox
- In Firefox, click ‘File’ and then ‘Open File’
- Select the .xpi that you just downloaded
- Click ‘Open’
- The normal installation routine should now begin…
Categorised in: Misc
This post was written by andymitchell9496