In the hope you’d get it before your Thursday work commenced, I released ActiveInbox 7.0.7 late last night (well, early this morning – my regimen of crazy hours continues as we react to the Gmail change).
The update is primarily bug fixes as we adapt to the massive behind-the-scenes updates. The biggest two were:
The “Conversation not found” bug, when you click a task and nothing opens. This is actually one of Google’s known bugs, and they’re working on fixing it, but we didn’t know when, so we developed a work around 🙂 The important things to know:
- For all future emails you mark as tasks, or send, this bug will no longer occur.
- If you’re suffering on existing emails, you need to re-‘teach’ ActiveInbox how to make sense of them (I didn’t say this workaround was elegant!). To do this, I suggest you go into Sent and click through a few pages, and then do a search on “label:active” (without quotes) and click through all the pages.
Sometimes, if you updated a task directly from your task list, the changes didn’t stick. This was a gremlin in the new system we had to rapidly build, and I’m really sorry for anyone who was left confused by it.
Inbox Hiding Returns
In brighter news, Ben on the forums made a compelling case for bringing back Inbox Hiding (one of the reasons people struggled to leave ActiveInbox Classic V5, which now we’re on V7 we are trying to help you get away from!).
Why would you do that? It’s for focus to get things done.
If you turn your inbox off – temporarily – you’ll have no distractions from just “doing”.
So when you hide it, it’ll also hide:
- The counts in the sidebar
- The counts in the tab (including the icon, if you have it)
- Stop the blue dot appearing on the tab if you have it pinned
I’m still writing code like crazy to get back to smooth sailing – I anticipate there will be another week of flux, but we’re getting there. Keep talking to me on the forum (it’s getting read, even if I struggle to reply straight away).
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by andymitchell9496